If you’re among the coffee-lovers out there—recent research has shown that more than 60 percent of Americans drink coffee on a daily basis—chances are you own some type of coffee maker. Coffee makers allow you to brew up your favorite beverages in the comfort of your own kitchen, which is not only convenient but can save you time and money if you currently get your fix from a coffee shop. But with so many styles to choose from, how can you pick the best coffee maker for your needs?
There are a few different styles that are popular today. Arguably the most common are drip coffee makers, which use electricity to heat water and disperse it over coffee grounds. But, thanks to their convenience, single-serve pod coffee makers, such as Keurig, have soared in popularity in recent years. There are even some models that combine both drip and pod functionalities for an all-in-one model. Additionally, you can find manual coffee makers, such as pour-overs and French presses, which some enthusiasts favor for a more flavorful brew.
The following are some of the best coffee makers you can buy today, including options for every budget and every type of coffee drinker:
- 1. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer
- 2. Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter
- 3. Mueller French Press Coffee Maker
- 4. Cuisinart PerfecTemp 14-Cup Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker
- 5. Mr. Coffee Simple Brew 4-Cup Switch Coffee Maker
1. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer
Whether you’re grabbing one cup of coffee or serving a full pot to guests, the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer has you covered. This unique coffee maker allows you to either brew a single cup of coffee or a full 12-cup pot in its glass carafe, so you’ll only have as much as you need. Plus, it includes an optional pod holder that snaps onto the single-serve brew basket, allowing you to use soft coffee pods.
This coffee maker has a brew strength selector with bold or regular options, and you can program it to brew up to 24 hours in advance. It has an automatic pause-and-serve feature, so you can pour from the carafe before the brewing cycle is complete, and it will keep your coffee warm for up to two hours on its nonstick warming plate.
About this item
- Brew two ways: Enjoy either a single-serve cup (travel mug not included) or full pot of coffee with the 12-cup carafe.
- Fully programmable: Wake up to a hot cup of coffee with fully programmable functionality and auto-shutoff.
- Adjusts to your cup: Can brew directly into the carafe, a travel mug (not included) or a short cup (not included)
- Convenient single-serve: Brew a cup for one using loose, ground coffee.
- Smart features: Includes brew strength selector (regular or bold), keep-hot warming plate and more.
- Note: Travel mug or cup not included
2. Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker with Permanent Filter
If you prefer to make coffee by hand, the Bodum Pour-Over Coffee Maker will help you whip up a cup in minutes with its manual pour over design. Just place grinds in the stainless steel mesh filter, then pour a small amount of hot water over the grounds to let them “bloom.” You can then pour the rest of your water into the funnel and let it drip down into the carafe. The process is simple and takes around four minutes in total. Plus, the Borosilicate glass carafe will keep leftover coffee warm for longer, just in case you need to go back for a second cup.
About this item
- Pour over Coffee: manual pour over Coffee maker allows you to brew an excellent cup of Coffee in minutes
- Stainless steel: includes a Permanent, stainless steel mesh filter that helps extract your coffee’s aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- Coffee carafe: made of durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass with color band detailing that is both functional and elegant
- Quick and easy: simply add coarse ground Coffee to filter, pour a small amount of water in a circular motion over ground Coffee until soaked then add the remaining water and let drip
- Servings: pour over Coffee maker makes 8 cups of Coffee, 4 oz. each; dishwasher safe
3. Mueller French Press Coffee Maker
If you’re someone who prefers the taste of French press coffee, the Mueller Coffee Maker deserves a spot in your kitchen. This sleek French press is made from professional-grade, double-layered stainless steel that’s thicker and heavier than other models, and it can keep your coffee hot for over an hour. It includes a triple-layer stainless steel filter that strains out all the grounds without compromising flavor, and reviewers say it delivers a full-bodied, delicious cup of joe.
About this item
- If you really care about your coffee – We tested enough mechanisms and filters to make your head spin to tweak and uniquely design our press with a triple layered filter structure to stop the sediment, but let the yummy coffee oils through for a full-bodied delicious brew that will make you a very happy camper. And to share the java love, we give you a bonus matching travel canister that holds enough beans or grounds for two full batches.
- More thicker, More heavier, Build to last – Our huge capacity professional grade 310 18/10 double-layered stainless-steel baby will keep your coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than thinner steel and glass models. And it’s drop proof, rust proof, and probably bulletproof (be nice).
- Multiple Uses – Besides using the french press as a coffee maker, it is also handy appliance to make tea, mct oil coffee, hot chocolate, cold brew, frothed milk, almond milk, cashew milk, fruit infusions, and plant and herbal drinks as it seals in their flavors and aromas
- Perfect for any occasion – For house warmings, weddings, birthdays, holidays and all coffee/tea lovers & healthy foodies! Two bonus stainless steel screens and the matching travel container are included with every purchase while quantities last.
- European Engineered – Our total satisfaction promise covers all our products. So choose Mueller with confidence and look forward to a lifetime of java pleasure.
4. Cuisinart PerfecTemp 14-Cup Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker
If you like your coffee really hot, the Cuisinart PerfecTemp 14-Cup Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker might be the perfect appliance for you. This machine delivers warmer coffee—without sacrificing flavor—and you can choose between regular and bold brews. It has a 24-hour start timer, a self-cleaning feature and an optional ready tone, and there’s even a 1-4 cup setting for those days you’re only making coffee for yourself.
While it may not have many bells and whistles, reviewers say this Cuisinart Coffee Maker is easy to use and brews great coffee. Plus, many comment that, true to claim, its coffee is hotter than that from other machines.
About this item
- State-of-the-art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control
- Gold tone, commercial style permanent filter.MC Cubic Feet: 2.32
5. Mr. Coffee Simple Brew 4-Cup Switch Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee Simple Brew Coffee Maker is bare-bones, but it still gets consistently good reviews thanks to its reliable performance. This budget-friendly appliance can only make one to four cups of coffee at a time, and it has a single on/off control button. The glass carafe has a plastic handle for easy pouring, and the machine will pause brewing to let you grab a cup before it’s finished. Reviewers say this Mr. Coffee appliance is ideal for dorm rooms or small apartments, as it makes just enough coffee for one or two people.
About this item
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-a-cup auto pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows
- Removable filter basket for quick and easy cleanup
- Stain-resistant warming plate is easy to clean