Wine aerators make wine taste and smell better, there are no two ways about it. By encouraging oxidation and evaporation, wine aerators open up a wine’s taste and aroma. That’s one thing about wine you don’t need a wine book to learn. $10 bottles of wine taste like $20 bottles, $20 bottles like $40 bottles, and so on.
We’ve previously laid out exactly what wine aerators do and how an aerator works. Check that post out if you’re curious about the many benefits of these little miracle workers. The best way to look at wine aerators is as money-savers. If you’re already willing to spend money on wine—and you’re willing to pay more money for higher-quality wines—a wine aerator saves you money. You can spend $15 on a bottle, aerate it, and have the experience of a $25–$30 bottle. And if you’re after a more traditional approach, we’ve got our picks for the 10 best wine decanters. You can even pick up a new electric wine opener to get to decanting as quickly as possible.
Here, then, are the 5 best wine aerators of 2021. Some are best-in-class in a certain wine aerator category, and we’ve called that out. But the first one, the Zazzol, is our pick for the best overall aerator of 2021.
1. Zazzol Handheld Wine Aerator Decanter
Handheld wine aerators are probably what you picture when you think of wine aerators. They look like little stemless wine glasses or champagne flutes that you hold above or place on a wine glass. The Zazzol is one of the absolute best wine aerators on the market. One thing that repeatedly comes up in reviews for this one is that it’s virtually leak-proof. Overflow and dripping can be a problem with wine aerators, but not so with the Zazzol. What sets the Zazzol apart is its multi-stage aeration process. First the wine is poured over and dispersed over a cone-shaped plug. Then it drains through over 30 holes before the air is injected into the tube to interact with pressurized oxygen. The fact that it’s easy to use, doesn’t drip or leak, has a three-step aeration, and comes with a gorgeous gift box makes it a steal for the price. It also means you won’t need to pick up a wine stain remover before using it.
The Zazzol Wine Aerator gets our vote for best wine aerator of 2021 based on reviews, price, style, and packaging. It comes with a gift box, a travel pouch, and a wine aerator stand. Couple that with over 1,000 five-star reviews and a reasonable price and, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.
About this item
- Transform any wine to a Great wine, instantly.
- Enjoy enhanced flavor, fuller bouquet, balanced finish… every time.
- Patented multi-stage design ensures 3 x more effective aeration.
- Hassle free design avoids leaking, dripping, or over flow.
- Elegant presentation box makes it a perfect present.
2. Vinturi V1010 Essential Red Wine Aerator
Vinturi is likely the biggest name in retail wine aerators. And Vinturi’s V1010 red wine aerator comes with a no-drip stand that not only keeps it clean but makes the aerator look downright regal. Vinturi aerators use a patented design that draws in a specific amount of air for a specific amount of time. These specifics were chosen by the Vinturi team to decrease the wine’s pressure while increasing its velocity. The result being a proprietary aeration that unleashes a wine’s bouquet and enhances desireable flavors.
About this item
- Accelerate a wine’s aeration process with the Vinturi Red Wine aerator
- The Vinturi Red Wine aerator features patented technology and a stylish, yet classic look
- A must-have for entertaining, the Vinturi Red Wine Aerator is perfect for quickly aerating an entire bottle of wine, or one glass at a time
- The award-winning Red Wine aerator from Vinturi opens and develops red wines in the time it takes to pour a glass – no more waiting as with traditional decanters
- Listen for the sound – this sound is unique to all Vinturi aerators, and lets you know that you have an authentic Vinturi aerator
3. CORKAS Wine Aerator
The CORKAS wine aerator gets our nod for best budget wine aerator. It’s an in-bottle wine aerator, which is inserted directly into a wine bottle’s opening. It then aerates the wine when the bottle is poured. The aerator itself is on the end of a one-size-fits-all rubber stopper, while the pour spout is made of FDA-approved high-quality acrylic that can easily be cleaned with warm water. It also comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s guarantee.
About this item
- 【AERATE INSTANTLY WITHOUT WAIT】The Corkas wine aerator has an inflation system with Bernouli effect to infuse the wine with the optimal amount of oxygen and double the value of your wine by simply pouring into glass. It definetly made your wine taste smoother and it cut down the bitterness of the aftertaste.
- 【PERFECT GIFT FOR WINE LOVERS】It has ergonomically designed pouring spout for easier slow pouring. This wine aerator pourer will add a level of refinement to your entire wine drinking experience。It will make an great ideal gift for all wine lovers.
- 【EASILY CLEAN】The Corkas wine pourer are made of high quality acrylic material. Please don’t disassemble the wine aerator when cleaning, just put it in warm water and rinse it directly.
- 【UPGRADE DESIGN AND FITS ALL】We redesigned the anti-drip rubber stopper and ensures the wine decanter pouring precisly without leeking and spilling.This effectively transforms any bottle of wine (yes, even old aged wines)
- 【YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR TOP PRIORITY】If any reason you don’t absolutely love this wine aerator pourer, please feel free to contact us. We’d listen to you and bring you the best experience.
4. Vintorio Wine Aerator Pourer
Unlike hand held aerators, in-bottle wine aerators fit directly into the wine bottle. Upon pouring, the wine runs through the aerator and out a pour spout into the wine glass. They’re especially convenient because you can always aerate wine with one hand free. The Vintorio comes with a ribbed rubber stopper and notched acrylic pour spout to encourage drip-less pouring. Three air holes draw in oxygen from an air tube that’s injected directly into the wine after a flow regulator disperses the wine into a large aeration chamber. One big benefit of the Vintorio is its large aeration chamber, which maximizes the wine’s initial air exposure. We even chose it as one of our best wine pourers.
About this item
- Aerate Your Wine to Perfection Instantly – The Vintorio Wine Aerator Pourer has a large aerating chamber and air intake system that utilizes the Bernoulli Effect to infuse your wine with the OPTIMAL amount of oxygen. Double the value of your bottle by simply pouring yourself a glass!
- Keep Your Tablecloth Safe from Wine Stains – The rubber stopper is tapered and ribbed to create a leak-free seal for wine bottles of all sizes and the acrylic pour spout is notched and ergonomically slanted for easy drip-less pouring. The aerator can be disassembled and run under water for effortless cleaning.
- Elegantly Designed and Made with Quality Materials – The Vintorio Aerating Pourer is manufactured with high quality materials. Its elegant design will add a level of refinement to your wine drinking experience and is the perfect gift for wine lovers.
- Often Mimicked, Never Duplicated – Find out why more than half a million customers worldwide love their Vintorio Aerator Pourer! There are many copies of the Patented Vintorio Aerator Pourer out there, but none can hold a candle to the ORIGINAL when it comes to quality and functionality.
5. TRIbella Classic Drip-Free Wine Aerator
The TRIbella is a bit different from the other two in-bottle aerators here. It’s a bit pricier, but each aerator is handcrafted. And the pour spout is, in fact, three pour spouts. There are three stainless steel exit pipes, which send wine streaming into your glass in three streams. That alone is a powerful act of aeration, to say nothing of the pressurized oxygen infused into the wine beforehand. What’s more, it’s designed to minimize dripping, which is an integral part of learning how to pour wine properly.
About this item
- Delivers the most beautiful wine-drinking experience – TRIbella takes wine-drinking to a whole new level. It aerates your wine with unique style and grace while completing the “circuit of beauty” from the bottle to the glass.
- Patented, revolutionary, pioneering design – It is the first and only of its kind in the world. Individually handcrafted and ready to aerate your wine beautifully. TRIbella’s ingenious and patented design includes a polycarbonate base, a rubber gasket, and TRIbella’s 3 manufactured in stainless steel exit pipes to create the perfect pour.
- World’s most elegant form of wine aeration – Unlike other wine aerators on the market, TRIbella creates a multi-stream, drip-free experience as well as spares you from those awkward little drips down the side of the bottle if you were to just pour directly from the bottle. It also stays comfortably snug in the opening of the wine bottle. TRIbella makes the process of wine pouring trouble free and truly elegant!
- Wine connoisseurs adore it… so will you! – Dubbed the “Greatest Aerator Of All Time” by an industry publication, TRIbella has become the obvious choice of wine aficionados and casual consumers alike.
- A worthy investment and the perfect gift – The TRIbella design is lightweight and compact and easy to store, as the TRIbella Classic comes complete in its own bespoke protective hard case. It goes where you go, so you can share a bottle and create memories with family and friends… anytime, anywhere. Classy as it is functional, TRIbella is a wonderful gift for the wine lovers in your life.